What system requirements do I require before I install and run Proof Finder?
Review the specifications of the machine (desktop, laptop, workstation) on which you plan to install and run Proof Finder. Please read these requirements carefully to ensure that your performance expectations are met.
Proof Finder has been released in a 64-Bit version to suit a variety of investigation environments as outlined below.
To achieve a quality investigative experience while working on reports and supporting documents, it is strongly recommended that Proof Finder has the following minimum specifications:
- CPU - Dual Core (2.4 Ghz or greater)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- In addition to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (64-Bit only supported). Windows must be activated prior to running Proof Finder.
- Minimum 150 GB Hard Disk Space
- Hard Drive – 2x 7200RPM drives + adequate capacity for source and case data
- Video Card – 1280X1020 Screen Resolution (Required for Network Visualizations)
- Network – 10/100 Ethernet Controller
- If processing IBM (Lotus) Notes, an IBM Notes client is required
Please note that Proof Finder only supports 64-Bit OS.
What is the 64-Bit operating system configuration?
Our recommendations for configuring a 64-Bit OS are:
- 4 GB of RAM available per core:
- Allocate 3 GB of RAM to each nuix_single_worker.exe
- Allocate ((0.5 GB*Number of cores) +2 GB)) of RAM to Proof Finder
- 8 GB of RAM available per core:
- Allocate 4 GB of RAM to each nuix_single_worker.exe
- Allocate ((1 GB*Number of cores) +1 GB)) of RAM to Proof Finder
For both processing and export purposes, it is recommended that Proof Finder has a minimum of 2 GB of RAM per core (Proof Finder is set to use two cores if available).
By default, the software uses a minimum of 1.8 GB for the 64-Bit version on top of any memory specifically allocated to cores.
However, larger ratios of RAM, for instance 4 GB or 8 GB of RAM per core, will dramatically improve performance and prevent Java's Out of Memory errors when processing complex data.
Processing: While processing a 15 GB PST file with the default settings on a 64-Bit machine, Proof Finder encountered an Out of Memory error while trying to process the Inbox folder. After looking at the PST, it was noticed that the Inbox folder contained 120,000 items and 100+ folders. The single worker process was simply running out of memory while trying to enumerate that folder. Proof Finder was restarted with the appropriate parameters to allocate 4 GB of RAM per single worker instance and the file processed without issue.
What are the benchmarks?
To provide an indication as to how memory can impact performance, the following figures have been benchmarked (benchmarks performed with 10 GB of Enron Mail Corpus):
|System Specification||Without Exact Searching Enabled|
|4 hours 48 mins|
Do I require any additional software?
- IBM (Lotus) Notes Client - The IBM Notes (version 8.5.3 or newer) client is required to process Lotus files (NSF databases.) The product only needs to be installed, and does not actually need to be activated for Proof Finder to operate correctly.
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP2/2010 is strongly recommended for all processing systems to enable native viewing of files being investigated. Proof Finder will attempt to open Office 95 and Office works files with Office 2007/2010, otherwise Proof Finder will default to text extraction only for these file formats.
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Visio Viewer allows Visio files to be viewed correctly. Please install the following plugin from Microsoft to enable this.
When initially installing Proof Finder, you will be faced with a screen which talks about Dependencies (the additional software requirements above). If Proof Finder detects you do not have a piece of dependent software installed, you will need to click on every highlighted Dependency, one after another, and select the box saying that you understand the Dependency is missing.
"FFmpeg/FFprobe" is optional. In Proof Finder it will say:
Description - FFmpeg / FFprobe
Status - Not found
Comment - FFmpeg was not found on the path.
Multimedia metadata will be only be partially extracted and video image data will not be processed.
You can download FFmpeg from Nuix.
What operating systems do you support?
Proof Finder supports the following operating systems:
|Microsoft Windows 64-Bit||64-Bit Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2|
|Mac OS X||10.8.3+, 10.9 and above|
|Linux||Debian 7.0 and above, Ubuntu 13.04 and above, CentOS 6.5 and above, RedHat 6.5 and above|